Pediatric Clinic Address
1825 4th Street
5th floor, Reception 5A
San Francisco, CA, 94143
We welcome you to the Regional Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center at UCSF Medical Center.
The Pediatric MS Center team is dedicated to the care of children and adolescents with MS and related diseases, such as acute demyelinating encephalomyelitis, neuromyelitis optica (NMO) and optic neuritis, transverse myelitis and autoimmune encephalitis.
We offer a multidisciplinary evaluation, which includes a clinical evaluation, neuropsychological testing, support around educational issues, and social work services.
Our Team of neurology experts includes: MS Neurologists, Pediatric Neurologist, Neuropsychologist/School-Specialist and a Social Worker. When needed, a Neuro-Ophthalmologist is available as well.
For New Patients:
If you are interested in being evaluated at our center, please complete our New Patient Registration and Demographics and Personal and Family History forms. Please fill these out and fax them to (415)353-2400 along with a copy of the front and back of your insurance card as possible. On-Time Protocol:
Financial Assistance: To be considered for financial assistance, complete this application and send or fax with the requested supporting documentation. We will contact you as soon as your application has been processed, usually in about 10 days.
Medical Records: Prior to your visit, we request you and/or your doctors provide our center with medical records relating to your neurological condition to help facilitate your evaluation. This information will assist us in providing your child and family with the best care possible. Feel free to call (415)353-3939 if you need assistance with this!
1. Clinic records including chart notes, dictation, discharge summaries.
2. MRI film or CDs including reported results
3. Lumbar puncture results
4. Pertinent lab results
5. Immunization records
6. Authorization for visit from Insurance Company if applicable
We are dedicated to improving the care and service we provide. We have come to recognize that patient lateness contributes to clinical delays and patient wait times.
Below are our on-time policies:
1. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to allow for check in time and time to obtain your background health information, medication list and vital signs
2. If you are late by more than 10 minutes for your scheduled appointment time (25 minutes after your expected arrival time) you may have to be rescheduled or may experience significant delay.
3. If you anticipate being late on the day of the appointment due to unforeseen circumstances please notify us a soon as possible so we can advise you if you will be able to be seen or would need to reschedule.
By adhering to our on-time policies, you will greatly help us care for all our patients, and respect each patient’s valuable time and unique needs!
We look forward to meeting you!
If you need assistance before your appointment with location, directions or parking instructions please contact us at (415)353-3939